The Cabin takes place in the childhood home of Specimen 8. A secluded two-story cabin in the middle of the woods. It's nighttime, and a heavy rain is pouring outside. The player first starts in the main room of the house.
The player must gather firewood, matches, and the idol, placing them in the furnace in the first room.
The matches can be found on a table with a lit lantern in the room to the immediate left of the player when they start.
The firewood is found outside, directly next to the house. After walking outside, a cutscene plays, showing the forest from the perspective of Bayagototh jumping from tree to tree. A tree in the front yard can be examined, saying "THE TREE IS MOVING WITHOUT ANY WIND"
The idol is found on one of two altars; one is on the first floor, in the back of the house, bathed in green light. The other altar is on the second floor; through the window just behind this altar, a pair of eyes can be seen staring at the player in the distance.
Once the idol is placed in the furnace, the screen distorts, and the tape ends.
There are four ghosts in The Cabin.
BURN THE IDOL MUST STOP IT
NO FOOD LEFT
TOOK OUR SON
HAVE TO PRAY TO IT GIVES US FLESH
- This Tape is found next to a note for Cass-3, leading to speculation that they are the same.
- This is the same cabin as the one in Lost Tape 5.
- The song played before you burn the idol is the ambiance from Specimen 8's death screen in 
- Just before you burn the idol, Specimen 8 can be seen briefly out of the hallway window on the first floor.
- Images of Specimen 8's family can be found through out the cabin including an image of himself before being transformed
- In the left room of the cabin the reoccurring door can be found this is the same place that it can be found in Tape 5
- The cabin in this tape appears in Spookys Doll House 
- A scene of this tape appears in a YouTube video titled Bayagototh released back in Jun 14, 2018
- This actually makes Tape 3 the first ever Lost Tape shown in promotional material