The dog, named Dani, appears to be a female Corgi with brown fur and white undertones. The dog also appears to be a service animal for the player. Finding your dog is the main objective of the game.
In certain areas, the player can whistle in order to locate it.
After starting the game, The Protagonist is shown walking Dani when a storm hits. Dani is washed down a storm drain, forcing the player to delve into the sewers to save it.
Dani is seen after the player encounters the first enemy. She is then dragged by an unseen force through a hole, demanding the player progress further into the sewers. She is seen again in the subway, unwillingly leaving on a train with Virgil. She is seen then in the laboratory, where it is washed away again when the player opens a flood gate to escape.
- The Dog is modeled after and voiced by Dani, a corgi belonging to the YouTuber MrKravin.
- While the player's dog has a tail, most corgis have their tail docked when they're young.
- some are even born without them.
- The name "Dani" is confirmed by a Steam card, along with the texture of the dog's name tag.
- There is an enemy within the mines that imitates the dog's appearance.
- It is possible to trigger a secret ending by shooting the dog during a nightmare section in the sewer entrance just before the player starts the lost tape#1